Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Watercoloring with Markers

I had a post up over on the Kuretake blog for a project for March, which is National Reading Month. So we were asked to create bookmarks. These are mine. I printed free images of little "Reading Fairies" and colored them in. I used my regular Zig Markers.


You can see more detail on the close-ups. I wanted to color to be subtle so I took a piece of a clear package that embellishments come in and used it for my "color tray". I just scribbled a circle of each color as I was using it on the package and then dipped the waterbrush into it. That way I could totally control the color and shading.


I found the little boy fairy first, then later found the girl and did one with ehr as well! They're so cute!!!

 Here you can see the detail on her. I used really pastel colors on these. I only added minimal embellies also!



These wre really fun to do, I plan on doing more watercoloring this way! One of my favorite things to do growing up was to color, so this just reminds me of being a kid again!!!

Products used:
WorldWin Treasures cardstock
Kuretake Zig Writers (various colors)
Kuretake Zig Waterbrush
Prima blooms
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Kaisercraft adhesive pearls

8 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

These are just lovely!

Where did you find such cute images?

Nancy said...

These are so wonderful!!! awesome job on the watercolor effect...with Zig markers of all things....who would have known? LOVE!

Monica said...

what lovely colorings! love the images.

Lisa said...

Beautiful coloring Patti!!!

Lizzyc said...

Oh these images are very cute and I love how you have colored them in!!

Heather Jacob said...

wow Patti these look so gorgeous and the colors are divine .. beautiful work x

Adriana B said...

wow this is so cute love the softness the water colouring does to the image, wonderful :)

Unknown said...

Patti, gorgeous work, my friend!
Hugs ~gerry~