Monday, June 3, 2013

June Challenge at OnceUponASketch!!!

It's time once again for a new sketch at Once Upon A Sketch. Nadia has been super busy with a new baby and has still kept everything running like a well oiled machine!!!! Congrats to her and her beautiful family!

Now..... here is this months challenge which you have until midnight June 25th (Australian Eastern Standard Time) to enter. Hope you have fun with it :)

   

Theme: What's your guilty pleasure?

Oh yes! We all get some sort of pleasure from something we really shouldn't. What's yours? 

Ideas for journalling: scrapping, time alone, food, going to a concert, a T.V show, time in the garden, playing , Facebook, your iphone, shopping, bags, shoes, computer time, designing, creating etc etc


Your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. 

Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is . You are allowed to journal in any language but please tell us where on your page we will find your journalling. Remember journalling has to be a bit more than a title, or a generic comment. Hidden journalling is perfectly fine.


Here is my project. The theme is guilty pleasure. I have watched "The Young and the Restless" since I was a kid. Now I try not to miss it, I have other things that should be done, but I have to watch!! LOL! I apologize for the bad photos, my camera battery was dead, these were taken with my phone!



I used some old Basic grey paper and some miscellaneous blooms and bling! The scallop border around the journaling is a Couture Creations nesting die!


The alpha chippies are from Imaginarium Designs. I added some little liquid pearl accents and also some Crystal Accents too.


The little butterfly is also Imaginarium Designs. I just added some little gems for the body!


I hope you have time to join us for this challenge, and please check out the website for the beautiful creations by the rest of the design team. Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!!

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow that is a great achievement to have watched it for so long.. a fabulous layout too!

MarionK said...

I came over to your blog from OnceUponaSketch and I have to tell you, I loved to watch "The Young and the Restless", when ich lived in Canada from 1989 to 1991. I watched it EVERY day during naptime of my son. Too bad, they did not show in in Germany until a lot later and than during daytime, when I had to work. Nothing to be guilty of! :)) Greetings from Cologne